Sunday, June 19, 2011

PP52


I have been looking at Nature Silhouettes for some time. I finally broke down and bought this set. I decided it would make a good father's day card for my husband.  I used the CAS sketch from Paper Players.

I tried my hand at brayering for the first time and I would say I need a lot of practice! LOL  I tried using my basic black classic ink for the images but could not get a good stamped image.  I used the trusty old Stazon to get a good stamp.  I matted the image panel with old olive and attached that to bashful blue that had been embossed with the square lattice embossing folder.  I stamped the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched it out with the word window punch and attached it to a piece of old olive that was punched with the modern label punch.  I attached this with dimensionals, then attached it all to a basic black card base.

Thanks for looking!
Carol

9 comments:

Veronica said...

Very nice card, Carol. That stamp set was never on my Wish List -- until now!

Lauri said...

Carol are you sure this is your first time with the brayer???? Great job! Love the scene you created! Thanks for playing this week with the Paper Players!

Sandra Azzopardi said...

What a fantastic Father's Day card, Carol! Thanks for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

Lesley said...

Wow Carol, great FD card and I agree with Lauri, I cannot believe this is your first time with a brayer! Such a terrific man card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players.
Smiles,
Lesley

Nance Leedy said...

I think your brayering looks fantastic! I can never get such a smooth look as you have achieved here! Great color combination and a perfect FD card. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

I agree, I think your brayering is fine! And I always use Stazon as I think it works better too! Thanks for playing the sketch challenge at PP this week!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely love it, Carol! A perfect masculine card! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

No way is this your first time with the brayer! You did such a beautiful job creating this scene. How perfect for Father's Day, too. Thanks so much for joining us at the Paper Players this week! :)

Cindy Beach said...

Carol,
These masculine images really stand out on your beautiful card! I love the soft colors you used, great job on the sketch!