Friday, July 22, 2011

SUStars Blog Hop - Movers, Shakers and Summer Mini Make & Takers


Welcome to the SUStars Mover, Shakers and Summer-Mini Make and Takers blog hop. You may have arrived here from Charlotte Hollingsworth's Stamping Is My Therapy blog.

This is my very first blog hop.  I am really glad they added the Summer-Mini Make & Takers part because I like simplicity in my cards and have never done a mover and only a couple shaker cards.  I have a couple cards from the summer mini catalog.  I have had On the Grow for quite a while now and this is the first time I have inked the stamps.   


My first card uses Paisley Petals dsp, always artichoke dsp, cajun craze and whisper white.  The ribbon is always artichoke seam binding.  The image was colored with blender pen using markers and watercolor crayons.  I roughed up the edges of the whisper white and sponged and spritzed the panel with river rock. My image panel is attached with dimensionals



My second card uses Beyond the Garden dsp, daffodil delight, wild wasabi, rich razzleberry and whisper white cardstock. This image was colored the same way as the card above.  I stamped my sentiment on a banner and added a button from the brights collection.  The image panel is attached with dimensionals and the banner has a double layer of dimensionals just in the middle to make it stand out a little.

Your next stop on the blog hop is Denise Foor Studio PA.  If you get lost along the way you can go to the SUStars blog to find your way again!

Thanks for stopping by!
Carol

11 comments:

Veronica said...

Great cards, Carol. The coloring is beautiful. TFS.

Charlotte said...

Your cards are just beautiful!

Krafting Karen said...

Great job! The coloring is so good!!!

Monica Weaver said...

Love the coloring on your cards! Wish I knew how to do that!

Monica Weaver
www.addalittledazzle.com

Carolyn Sharkas said...

What pretty cards, thanks so much for sharing.

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

Great job on your first hop! Your cards are beautiful.

creations by jackie said...

Carol, I love both of your cards it was hard to choose a favorite. I have been a demo for about a year as well and I live in Indianapolis, so we almost neighbors. Good Luck and thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Carol-I especially like your first card-I have wanted to use the orange colored DSP and this has inspired me. Thanks for sharing.

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Very nice! TFS!

Cindy Ferenz
Proud Parent of 2 Soldiers

Janice said...

Very nice cards, I like both!

Ann Schach said...

Both cards are beautiful, Carol! Very classy layouts and fabulous coloring!