Friday, August 13, 2010
I embossed the basic black with the spider web embossing folder which will be available on Sept.1. I lightly rubbed some whisper white craft ink on the raised edges, then added some non-SU holographic embossing powder and heat set it. I stamped the image (also available on Sept. 1) in black onto wild wasabi cs and cut it out by hand . I ran some tangerine tango through my crimper and then turned it 90 degrees and run it through again. This created a sort of waffle effect that I really liked. I tore the edges and sponged basic black ink onto it. I used dimensionals to attach the stamped image to the tangerine. I punched out a bat from basic black and lifted the wings a bit and glued the center to the tangerine. Mounted the whole image onto a wild wasabi card base which I sponged around the edge with black.
I think I took about a dozen pictures before I found one that I actually liked.
Thanks for looking,
I finally put some ink to this cute little stamp set, Greeting Card Kids. I made this card for my new supervisor to welcome her to our school. I embossed the brilliant blue (retired, but matches school colors) with the square lattice embossing folder. I stamped the image onto watercolor paper and colored it with markers and blender pens, then matted it with real red cardstock. I created the bow from retired real red polka dot ribbon. It is a very simple, quick to put together card, but I think it is cute.
Thanks for looking!
Thursday, August 5, 2010
This is for today challenge at Pals Paper Arts found here. The challenge is to make a KISS masculine card. Well KISS is usually my style anyway so this wasn't too hard for me to do. Don't you just love this new punch from Stampin' Up? It is just too darn cute! I punched from three different colors (early espresso, crumb cake, and very vanilla) and just mixed them up. I punched the branch from the two-step bird punch in wild wasabi. I glued all the pieces onto marina mist cs and matted it with early espresso. I mounted the panel onto a wild wasabi card base with dimensionals. The sentiment came from Owl Together Now (retired).
This card was fun to make. Thanks for looking at it.
Sunday, August 1, 2010
Today's project is for the Surprise Me Sunday Challenge 4 found here. We were to use the colors: garden green (background), certainly celery (mats), regal rose ( behind text), rose red (behind embellishments) and always artichoke (text). I usually use only 3 colors and 5 can be a real challenge sometimes. But, these colors came together rather easily. I enjoyed putting this page together in MDS. I hope you enjoy looking at it.