Friday, August 13, 2010

Dark & Dreary

I really don't do a lot for halloween, but for some reason really love the stamp sets for the holiday.  I just got my new stuff and had to try some of it out.

I embossed the basic black with the spider web embossing folder which will be available on Sept.1.  I lightly rubbed some whisper white craft ink on the raised edges, then added some non-SU holographic embossing powder and heat set it. I stamped the image (also available on Sept. 1) in black onto wild wasabi cs and cut it out by hand .  I ran some tangerine tango through my crimper and then turned it 90 degrees and run it through again.  This created  a sort of waffle effect that I really liked.  I tore the edges and sponged basic black ink onto it. I used dimensionals to attach the stamped image to the tangerine.  I punched out a bat from basic black and lifted the wings a bit and glued the center to the tangerine.  Mounted the whole image onto a wild wasabi card base which I sponged around the edge with black. 

I think I took about a dozen pictures before I found one that I actually liked.

Thanks for looking,
Carol

1 comment:

Donna Heber said...

Carol,

I love your Halloween card! Thanks for sharing.