Friday, August 13, 2010
Dark & Dreary
I embossed the basic black with the spider web embossing folder which will be available on Sept.1. I lightly rubbed some whisper white craft ink on the raised edges, then added some non-SU holographic embossing powder and heat set it. I stamped the image (also available on Sept. 1) in black onto wild wasabi cs and cut it out by hand . I ran some tangerine tango through my crimper and then turned it 90 degrees and run it through again. This created a sort of waffle effect that I really liked. I tore the edges and sponged basic black ink onto it. I used dimensionals to attach the stamped image to the tangerine. I punched out a bat from basic black and lifted the wings a bit and glued the center to the tangerine. Mounted the whole image onto a wild wasabi card base which I sponged around the edge with black.
I think I took about a dozen pictures before I found one that I actually liked.
Thanks for looking,