Tuesday, June 14, 2011

CCMC-SUM04 Proud Peacock


I used some older Stampin' Up products on my card today.  There is a little of the old taken with teal ink and cardstock and that strip of dsp is from the Welcome Neighbor pack.  There is also a little bit of elegant eggplant on there. That wonderful peacock is from Proud Peacock.  Isn't he glorious?  I added just a little watercoloring to his wings.

I used a sketch from Create with Connie and Mary (a subscriber-only site).  They have lots of wonderful projects in this 5-week session.  You really should check them out.

If it seems like all I am making lately is birthday cards, well that is because my neighbor gave me a list of all the birthday cards she needs for the next 3 months.  I try to keep embellishments to a minimum so they won't cost her anymore in postage.  Also, CAS is my favorite style. 

Thanks for stopping by!
Carol

5 comments:

Ann Schach said...

A beautiful color combination! I would not have thought about pairing these two. I love how you colored the peacock. Very pretty, Carol!

Debbie Henderson said...

Very cute little peacock and love the little slivers of scallops you snuck in there! Thanks for joining us at CCMC Summer Edition!

Connie Babbert said...

So cute...I haven't even inked up that stamp, but you've given me inspiration! Thanks for playing along with us on Create with Connie and Mary!

Elizabeth Price said...

Stunning card and I love the Proud Peacock. The colors you used enhance the peacock so perfectly. TFS and joining the Saturday challenge at Create with Connie and Mary Summer Edition.

Rochelle said...

I love the CAS look too! And the coloring in the Peacock's feathers looks so good too! Thanks for joining us this week at the CCM Site!