Thursday, October 4, 2012

SUO #55



The SUO challenge this week is all about texture.  Well this card I made for my son-in-law sure has texture.  I used four different colors from my retired cardstock stash and run them all through my  Big Shot with the Autumn Accents die.  I chose one leaf from each color and sponged the edges.  Then I spritzed them good with my wonderful little stampin spritzer and plain old water.  Then I wadded them all up really good and then opened them back up and let them dry overnight.  I sponged them again with  a little bit more color.  The leaves are piled onto a piece of vanilla cs that was run through the woodgrain embossing folder.  They actually looked like real leaves.

My son-in-law loves Fall, so I always make a fall-themed card.  I think he really liked this one.

Thanks for stopping by!
Carol

4 comments:

Jen Timko said...

The texture really is wonderful! Love the leaves!! Glad you joined us this week at SUO Challenges!

Heidi Baks said...

Love the leaf texture - it is perfect! Thank for joining SUO Challenges this week.

Cathy Parlitsis said...

Awesome card! They really DO look like real leaves!

Ann Schach said...

Wow! When I first saw this card, I thought you really did add real leaves! This is an awesome card,Carol!