Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Twisted Challenge 07 - Faux Patina


I had to give some thought to how to twist up this week's challenge from The Technique Twist of Faux Patina.  I have never tried this one before.  So I watched the video the ladies suggested.

I twisted the technique by using crisp cantaloupe for my base and using different colors for the flowers and stems and leaves.  I used crumb cake on my embossing folder, then sponged on crisp cantaloupe and then calypso coral onto my flowers.  For the leaves and stems I used wild wasabi, then garden green.  I then sponged on early espresso over the whole piece.  Dabbed on some versamark and gold embossing powder and heat set it.  I am fairly happy with my faux patina panel except for the gold.  I got a little too heavy with it and also have some places where the corner of the versamark pad shows up too much.  But remember this is my first one!

I layered my faux patina panel onto some wild wasabi and wrapped some calypso coral ribbon around that and added a couple of candy dot brads in the calypso coral.  Then adhered the panel to a crisp cantaloupe card base.

Thanks for stopping by!
Carol

6 comments:

Lauri said...

Carol, this came out beautifully! I love the look using that folder! Your gold looks perfect, by the way! thanks for joining us at Technique Twist!

Jessica said...

Wao...I think this is perfect!! Love your take on this technique...using this EF. Lovely!
Tx for playing at technique Twist!
Blessings!
Jess

Jessica said...

Wao...I think this is perfect!! Love your take on this technique...using this EF. Lovely!
Tx for playing at technique Twist!
Blessings!
Jess

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color layering, love the depth it creates. I think the gold looks fabulous but I suppose you could experiment with a light sanding if you wanted to try and alter it. Bravo with the Twisting, thanks for joining us!

Leena Girsa said...

Ooh...so very pretty Carol! I love your choice of colours...simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at The Technique Twist!

Unknown said...

The best part about the Faux Patina is even little blips that you didn't mean to add give lots of great impact to your panel! Lovely card Carol! Thanks for joining us at the Technique Twist!