Sunday, July 3, 2011

Missing in Action!

I haven't posted much in the last couple days, except the MDS page I posted earlier today.  I do have a good reason, though.

I have been searching for a good storage idea for all my ribbon.  I have lots of ribbon!  Anyway while surfing last week, I came across a fantastic idea (in my opinion) and printed out  a pic to show my husband and he liked the idea, also. Yippee!  Job half done!  I found the idea on Julie Edmonds blog.  Check it out here!

So yesterday my husband and I took a trip to Lowe's in Marietta.  We bought 10' of vinyl 4" gutter and the pieces needed to hang it on my wall below my peg board.  The nice guy at Lowe's cut it into 2 5' pieces so we could bring it home in the car.  Well, the end caps were not the proper ones, so we used the inside end caps that I had purchased to use to hold up the ribbon if I had empty spaces. haha    Anyway we got it put up and I started to put my ribbon into it.  Works great except for the largest ribbon reels.  We knew we would need to go back to get more pieces to put up the other 5' section.




So after church this morning, I said to my husband, "Let's go to Lowe's and get the rest of the stuff we need."  We decided to go out for dinner and so this time we headed for Zanesville.  We had a nice dinner at Red Lobster and then went to the Lowe's up there.  Well they had a wider (5") gutter so I bought another 10' piece (again had a very nice young man cut it in two pieces for me.  We made sure we got the correct end caps this time!  LOL!  So we came home and put up the new size right above the other one.  This one holds even the 1/4" grosgrain reels.  Yay!  I still could not fit in the big reels of In Color ribbon.  I chose to do the same thing that Julie did with hers.  You can see it in the photo below.



I have all my ribbons of each color right together.  I even had some room for some of my old non SU ribbon.  And I still have 2-5' pieces of gutter if I ever need to put up some more space.  Now the following photo shows the other part of the reason I haven't stamped anything in the last couple of days!

My table is a complete mess from moving things out of the way to put up my new storage and from sorting out retired stamps sets.  Tomorrow morning is clean up time down there in my room!  Maybe I can even get some time to do a challenge or two.

If you have read completely through this long, long post, I thank you!
Carol


1 comment:

Ann Schach said...

What a neat idea, Carol! Shopping for ribbon storage and Red Lobster...It sounds like you had fun!